OUR 6th(SIXTH) ANNUAL! This Fundraiser is called GIVE it ‘UP’ 4 Autumn
This very creative and unique Fundraiser is a very special annual event for BHRR!
***In 2016; TOTAL RAISED $1,190.50 to help BHRR’s Potter(47 people ‘GAVE IT UP!)
***In 2015; TOTAL RAISED: $1,100 to help BHRR’s Baby Kaos(36 people ‘GAVE IT UP!)
***In 2014; TOTAL RAISED: $1,076 to help BHRR’s Stafford(27 people ‘GAVE IT UP!)
***In 2013; TOTAL RAISED WAS $1,300.70 – to help BHRR’s Breen(26 people ‘GAVE IT UP!)
***In 2012; TOTAL RAISED WAS $1,192.81 – to help BHRR’s Autumn(32 people ‘GAVE IT UP!)
Let me introduce you to BHRR’s Autumn (HER BLOG)
BHRR’s Autumns was a severely Neglected/Emaciated Great Dane that came to us from Kentucky, USA – Female, Harlequin, about 15 months of age, not spayed, eye(conjunctivitis & entropic eyes) and ear infections,food allergies, seasonal allergies, lumps/growths, hair loss, edges/tips of ears small bits missing and very crusty, overgrown nails, FAD, possible hearing and/or vision loss, UTI, hips worries, two blown cruciates, three lumps/possible growths, Kennel cough, body condition 2/10(40+ pounds underweight), stools are sheer blood, possible pregnancy or false pregnancy or re-absorbed litter. Weight: 105.82 pounds(48.1 KGS)
Very sadly, we were not able to save BHRR’s Autumn in the end and on June 28th, 2013, she was humanely crossed over.
As part of her LEGACY to help other SPECIAL NEEDS like her, we are doing an annual fundraiser in her honour!
She shall continue to help dogs even though, she is no longer with us.
2015 shall be see all monies raised for BHRR’s Baby Potter – An 8 year old inspirational Deaf Tripod Boxer that has been diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma.
1) He was diagnosed in Fall of 2009 with an aggressive MCT and required a back left leg amputation
2) In August 31st, 2016; he had a cytology done on a sudden mass that formed on his left front leg
3) On September 1st, 2016; he had emergency surgery to remove the mass and sent off to Histiopathology
4) On September 4th, 2016; the pathology report came back and the margins were incomplete.
Will you consider ‘giving something up’ to enable us to help BHRR’s Potter with his current over $1,300 & rising vet bills?
Rules of GIVE it ‘UP’ 4 Autumn
This Fundraiser shall run from Tuesday November 2nd, 2017 @ 12:01 AM to Tuesday November 16th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM.
- Your pledge to BHRR’s Potter would be to ‘give up’ something you buy on a regular basis for a period of 14 days. This could be a daily coffee, tea, donut, muffin, latte, chocolate bar, junk food, tennis or horseback riding lessons and so many others things that we spend money on daily or several times a day or every other day. Feel free to be creative! 🙂
- Instead we are asking if you would not mind putting that dollar amount of said purchase into a jar for BHRR’s Autumn’s LEGACY. So, you would be giving up something 4 Potter to benefit!
- At the end of that time, you can donate your collected funds and donate to help BHRR’s Potter in the following manner:
Kanata Animal Hospital (613) 836-2848 and they will take Visa, M/C and AMEX over the phone under the account of ‘Birch Haven Rescue’ for ‘Potter’. They will take Debit or Cash in person at 440 Hazeldean Road in Kanata, Ontario
You can also mail donations via a Bank Draft to:
Birch Haven Rescue & Rehabilitation Services
C/O Gwendilin Boers
2425 Totem Ranch Road West
RR#1 Oxford Station, Ontario
OR email transfer to email@example.com
OR via PayPal(please use the ‘friend & family’ option)
You do not have to tell us that you are participating(Just surprise us at the end of the event!) or, if you want, please EMAIL and I will add you to the list below of those who contacted us to participate and what they have chosen to give up during this two week period.
GIVE It ‘UP’ 4 Autumn ANGEL 2017 Participants
All monies raised in 2013, went to BHRR Haven Dog – BHRR’s Breen – A Newfx(weighing barely 80 pounds) that has a fractured hip, severe HD(one vet called them ‘smashed’ femoral heads), elbow dysplasia & partially torn cruciates. He was part of a cruelty case of several Newfx dogs, that saw him not once, yet, twice end up back with his previous Owner’s. He is now safe thanks to the efforts of several r/q groups/org.’s working together. Yet, his bills are going to be so extensive and he is SO worthy! Very sadly on February 18th, 2014, BHRR had to cross him over being held in our caring arms and blessed with our tears of sorrow and love. 🙁
All monies raised in 2014, went to BHRR’s Lord Stafford – An Olde English Bulldog found abandoned in an apartment without any food or water. He came to us with the below conditions:
1) He has a throat/larynx problem
2) He is battling pneumonia
3) He is battling a bronchial infection
4) He has terrible ear infections
5) He has a skin infection
6) He needs to be neutered
7) He has a deformed front toe on the right foot
8) He has other breed specific issues
9) Possible food allergies
10) He has periodental disease
**On March 29th, 2015, BHRR’s Lord Stafford was adopted to his right matched forever loving home! :)**
All money raised in 2015 went to BHRR’s Baby Kaos – A 6 week old Great Dane Puppy that has been diagnosed with the below conditions:
1) Growth plate fracture of the proximal Tibia
2) Meniscal tears right stifle joint
3) Had urgent first surgery on September 1st for Arthoscopy of the stifle and debridement meniscal tears
4) Biopsies of joint capsule done on September 1st, 2015
5) He had chronic Diarrhea
5) He is cyrptorchid & will be addressed when age appropriate to neuter
7) He needed full vaccine protocol
8) He has had several fecals done
9) He needed to be de-wormed – had parasites
10) He was placed on Revolution
11) He was microchipped