BHRR Breaking News / Updates / Alerts!
1) I wanted to extend the biggest and most sincerest and incredibly humbled thanks to so many Powdered Esbilac Angels! I have been witness to a lot of amazing and touching acts of kindness over the past 21.5 years BHRR has been around and what has come this way to The Bakers Dozen has warmed me right to my soul. I was so fearful of having our needs for Powdered Esbilac for The Bakers Dozen filled and when we posted our urgency, a wonderfully strong community of caring hearts came together to assist us. I am deeply and forever indebted to each of you…. Thank you everyone for helping us!! I have always said it takes a village to raise children and it is no different for a litter of puppies, especially those sadly rejected by a broken emaciated Puppymill GD Mama. She is doing quite well physically herself now and emotionally it shall be a lot longer to rehab. One day at at time!
Our remaining urgent needs are Pee Pads, appropriate Giant Breed puppy toys and donations towards their Vet Bills which will be into the many thousands.
PVD Essential Care Puppy canned & Kibble are also in big need – Vet Food
Accounts are set up at Kanata Animal Hospital 613-836-2848 and also Liston Animal Hospital 613-591-0966 under their Mama Gem.
The Bakers Dozen are all back to Liston Animal Hospital on November 7th!
2) We ONLY have 7 more BHRR Custom, One-of-kind 2018 Calendars left available for ordering! $30 each and s&h if needed is $7 Email email@example.com
We will take orders until October 12th @ 9 pm.
3) I hope to get the Flash Auction up soon. I am doing my best!
4) The Bakers Dozen have their next Vet visit scheduled for Tuesday November 7th @ 5 pm at LAH and I am seeking 8 more approved BHRR Volunteers for extra puppy wrangling…..I mean loving hands to assist me at this Vet visit! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help! Please do not post in this thread for we may miss your wonderful offer!
5) The Bakers Dozen shall be at Pet Valu Stittsville – 1250 Main Street – (if all is going well!) on Sunday October 15th from 10 AM – 4 PM as part of Pet Valu’s annual Thanks For Giving Event. We will be doing nails, dog baths, ear cleanings, have cotton candy, popcorn and baked goodies for sale too!
6) YES! By popular demand! The tickets for our 2018 Annual Dine With The BHRR Doggies are now on sale! We are already more than 50% SOLD Out!
This is a limited registration attendee event.
Date: Saturday September 22nd, 2018 – same place BHRR! Same times – 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
We are not raising our ticket costs. They have been the same price for many years and we shall keep the prices the same for 2018!
$45/per ticket or $85/pair
Please email email@example.com to purchase yours! More information found in the below link. This year’s total raised is still being calculated yet I can say we are over $3,400 and counting!! How deeply humbling!
7) Yes, we shall be hosting our annual popular November BHRR ‘EXPERIENCE’ Mini Open House. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for date/times! Attendance is by registration only and this is a limited attendee event. Attendance is a $10/pp donation fee to be paid at the time of registration. Please email email@example.com if interested! We feel it is so important for people to experience first hand what we do, why we do it and why we are so needed in the community.
8) BHRR’s 15th Annual SS(Secret Santa) to the BHRR Doggies is coming up fast! More information on our unique and creative annual event can be found in this link. At this time, BHRR has 31 more amazing dogs in need of a special secret Santa to call their own! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help us give the BHRR Doggies a most wonderful XMAS spoiling time!
9) Our 6th Annual BHRR’s CHAIN OF SUCCESS “THANK YOU” Potluck is Saturday December 16th from 2 PM – 8 PM.
FREE YET PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED & You can join our facebook group for more information and all the fun details!
This picture is of The Bakers Dozen today – 3.5 weeks of age – in the ‘feed’ part of their 8 x 5 x 4 pen. They are now devouring 38.5 cups of Powdered Esbilac a day!
We have also been introducing them to ‘slurry’ once a day – two cans of PVD Essential Care Puppy Food extremely well mixed into 6 cups of Esbilac with a dollop of corn syrup etc. They are not quite developmentally ready yet they are being exposed to it as no less than two puppies are quite texture phobic!
The area on the left that you see a crate piece covering is a hole we have in the custom pen Sean & Mason built that allows us to put one of the electric fireplaces on to add additional heat if needed into their pen. We have not had to do so since they were first born as they are regulating their bodies wonderfully!
From our home to all of our friends, family and supporters, Happy Thanksgiving! We feel we have so much to be thankful for, even in the days we are feeling so much darkness….we know we have many blessings, even if we do not realise it at the time…