BHRR has been invited by the Greyhound Supporters(NCR) to attend as one of the Rescues invited to their 8th annual International Greyhound Planet Day at the Rideau Carleton Raceway.
*If you have any items you would like to contribute to our booth to sell to help raise much needed funds for animals at BHRR such as BHRR's Hailey & please EMAIL.
*SEEKING ONE MORE VOLUNTEER to help out that day. Please EMAIL. I can promise drool, leans, hair and laughs!
Date & Time:
Saturday October 13th, 2012 – 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
*Note: This is a CASH only Event
BHRR shall have a table at this event and feel really honoured to be participating!
Our Booth/Tent shall offer the following to our Visitors:
*Fridge Magnets – $5.00 each
*BHRR Bracelets – $5.00 each
*Gift Cards – $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00
*Pet Emergency Door Decals – $5.00 each
*Smoked Dino Bones – $5.00 small & $10 large
*Doggie Treat Baggies – $2.00 each
*Tug Ropes – $7.50 small & $10.00 Large
*Dog Towels x 12 – $10 each
*"You wash, I wag!" 4-piece dog bath x 12 – $20 each
*Homemade Cupcakes – Price TBA
*T-Shirts – $7.00 each
*Doggie "Deluxe: Gift Ballot Basket – Value $200 – $5.00 donation gives you 1 Ballot; 3 Ballots for $10 donation or 6 for $20
*Microchips $40 – Pet(s) must be able to be held by O. & Volunteers – this fee includes registration – DONE BY QUALIFIED STAFF
Complimentary Animal Behavoural Consultations – 15 minutes each
Gwendlin Boers – Founder of BHRR & Animal Behavour PhD Student
*The opportunity to interact with BHRR dogs in our programs including several that are available for adoption:
Saturday August 4th – TBD shall be in attendance
*Adoption & Volunteer Applications – BHRR WILL NOT be doing any on-site adoptions. This is not something supported by BHRR
*Donation Box whereby all funds donated shall to go BHRR Vet & Rehab Bills
*Knowledgeable and friendly Volunteers will be on hand to answer questions regarding:
- the importance of spay/neutering
- the importance of microchipping – Out of 20 dogs that went recently missing in the Ottawa area last summer; ONLY 7 have been found and of those; 4 were microchipped
- the importance of obedience
- why animals end up in rescue/shelters/pounds etc.
- HOW you can help!
- supporting only reputable/quality Rescues and Breeders
- how to research when seeking to add a new addition
- owning a Giant Breed – Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Great Pyrenees, Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland, English Mastiff or Deerhound
I would like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE that is making this Event possible AND to those planning on attending; we look forward in meeting you!
- Greyhound Supporters(NCR)
- Rideau Carleton Raceway