Amanda from Pet Valu in Kanata on Hazeldean Road contacted me again wanting to know if BHRR would like to host another event at their locale.
BHRR is so thrilled to be invited back to Pet Valu on Hazeldean Road!
BHRR shall be at their locale (457 Hazeldean Road in Kanata) on Saturday November 29th, 2014 from 10 AM – 3 PM to take the opportunity for community and public awareness!
*If you have any items you would like to contribute to sell to help raise much needed funds for animals at BHRR; please EMAIL.
*SEEKING 2 Approved Volunteers to help out this day. Please EMAIL. I can promise drool, leans, hair and laughs!
Date & Time:
Saturday November 29th, 2014 – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
*Note: This is a CASH only Event
BHRR shall have a table at this event (inside Pet Valu) and feel really honoured to be participating!
Our Booth/Tent shall offer the following to our Visitors:
*BHRR Bracelets – $2.00 each
*Gift Cards – $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00 or 7 for $10
*Smoked Dino Bones – $5.00 small & $10 large
*Tug Ropes – $7.50 small & $10.00 Large
*T-Shirts & Hats – $20.00 each
*Dog Towels x 12 – $10 each
*Leash Covers/Bandana's – $5.00 each
*"You wash, I wag!" 4-piece dog bath x 12 – $20 each
*Doggie "Deluxe: Gift Ballot Basket – Value $200+ – $5.00 donation gives you 1 Ballot; 3 Ballots for $10 donation or 6 for $20
*Magnets (Various Rescue & Animal Related) – $5.00 each
*Microchips $40 – Pet(s) must be able to be held by O. & Volunteers – this fee includes registration
*Nail Trims – $10
Complimentary Animal Behavoural Consultations – 15 minutes each
Gwendlin Boers – Founder of BHRR & Animal Behavour PhD Student
*The opportunity to interact with BHRR dogs in our programs including several that are available for adoption:
* BHRR's Stafford's RED CARPET 'POOCH SMOOCH' Sessions – $5 Donation
* BHRR's Ichabod Crane
* BHRR's Cherry
*My Kajun Koffee
*Adoption & Volunteer Applications – BHRR WILL NOT be doing any on-site adoptions. This is not something supported by BHRR
*Donation Box whereby all funds donated shall to go BHRR Vet & Rehab Bills
*Knowledgeable and friendly Volunteers will be on hand to answer questions regarding:
- the importance of spay/neutering
- the importance of microchipping – Out of 20 dogs that went recently missing in the Ottawa area last summer; ONLY 7 have been found and of those; 4 were microchipped
- the importance of obedience
- why animals end up in rescue/shelters/pounds etc.
- HOW you can help!
- supporting only reputable/quality Rescues and Breeders
- how to research when seeking to add a new addition
- owning a Giant Breed – Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Great Pyrenees, Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland, English Mastiff or Deerhound
I would like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE that is making this Event possible AND to those planning on attending; we look forward in meeting you!
- Pet Valu – Marg