I was contacted by someone that feels it would be in the best interest of a 1 year old, Harle female GD to surrender her to Rescue. They have had this Dane for 2 months(apparently, they got her from a home in Casselman, Ontario) and have learnt that she was always kept outside and believe she has S/A. Words written to me in respect to this female GD are: “She is a very good dog, wonderful with other dogs and super great with children. She suffers from separation anxiety and she is destroying our house. We have tried everything and she seems to find a way out of her caged area and baby gated area. Beside the fact that she is eating everything I am afraid she is going to get sick with all the items she is eating and we can not afford to fix her. We thought we were doing a good thing but unfortunately our family can not handle her any longer. I have spoke to a few dog trainers and our vet and unfortunately I can not afford the training it would take and I am not sure if I have the time with 2 small children as well and I believe she needs to be with a family with someone home during the day or back on a farm.” BHRR will commit to assist this GD; yet it cannot happen until the beginning of October. With a GD here for training, a possible pending GD adoption plus that we will be letting go of one of our own on September 18th, 2008; we just are not available to assist her anytime sooner. I have replied back to the owner and will update this Dane’s blog(with more details etc.) as we learn more.
UPDATE: I have learnt that Willow is spayed and from some pictures sent my way, she is actually a Merlequin, not a Harlequin. Her pictures remind me a bit of our BHRR’s Miss Gracie that was adopted almost a couple of years ago. I will be meeting her owner on Sunday October 4th in Kanata for the surrender.