It is puppy weigh day, December 13th, 2015. They are a miraculous 3 weeks now.
BHRR’s Flame is bombing along now and BHRR’s Ember, while still on antibiotics herself is catching up. What a roller coaster 6 days it has been….
Mama Great Dane, BHRR’s Eve still is struggling. Ups and downs with her still.
BHRR’s Flame is now 2 Kgs(4.4 pounds)
BHRR’s Ember is now 1.82 Kgs(4.004 pounds)
This is BHRR’s Flame in the weighing ‘pot’ on the scale on the left and BHRR’s Ember on the right! BHRR’s Ember, she is not a ‘camera stealer’ kind of gal. She much prefers her sister get the lime-light…a bit camera shy. She was always moving away from Sean’s phone.
We call them our ‘Girls ON Fire’ or ‘Fire Girls’
For those that have offered up items to help us with this ‘wee’ Rescue Family, and are asking where to drop them off:
Kanata Animal Hospital – 440 Hazeldean Road –
3:30 PM Monday December 14th
8:00 PM Tuesday December 15th
8:00 PM Thursday December 17th
Birch Haven Rescue –
2:00 PM Saturday December 19th
Our most urgent needs are:
1) Pee Pads
2) PVD Essential Care CANNED Puppy Food
3) Esbilac Milk Replacer – Mom is producing little milk and only able to nurse them now a couple of times a day – puppies are currently being tube fed and eating a small amount of a ‘gruel’ mixture of milk replacer/corn syrup + water 1:10 ratio/PVD Essential Care Canned Puppy Food
5) Soft Blankets
6) As they age, small appropriate puppy toys
7) All three have an account at Kanata Animal Hospital 613-836-2848 – ‘Eve’, ‘Puppy A’ and ‘Puppy B’ all are under the Birch Haven Rescue & Rehabilitation Services(BHRR) account and the bills are mounting up fast. It is close to XMAS and we know we really do not have any right to ask for monetary donations.
We know that times are tough for so many and, if anyone does have $5.00 to spare, please perhaps consider donating to help this 6 year old Mama Great Dane and her 2 surviving babies. Must have been so hard for her to lose her other babies.
8) Prayers, blessings and well wishes….they need them….