Bark & Fitz at Kanata Centrum has invited BHRR to be at their locale to host a great opportunity for a Public Awareness & Community Education Event!
Location Address: 145 Roland Michener Dr, Kanata, ON K2T 1G7
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Date: Saturday September 15th, 2012
*If you have any items you would like to contribute to our booth to sell to help raise much needed funds for animals at BHRR such as BHRR's Hailey please EMAIL.
*SEEKING VOLUNTEERS to help out the day. Please EMAIL. I can promise drool, leans, hair and laughs!
*Note: This is a CASH only Event
BHRR shall have a table at this event (inside B&F) and feel really honoured to be participating!
Our Booth shall offer the following to our Visitors:
*Fridge Magnets – $5.00 each
*BHRR Bracelets – $5.00 each
*Gift Cards – $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00
*Pet Emergency Door Decals – $5.00 each
*Doggie Treat Baggies – $2.00 each
*Tug Ropes – $7.50 small & $10.00 Large
*Dog Towels x 12 – $10 each
*"You wash, I wag!" 4-piece dog bath x 12 – $20 each
*Doggie "Deluxe: Gift Ballot Basket – Value $200 – $5.00 donation gives you 1 Ballot; 3 Ballots for $10 donation or 6 for $20
*Microchips $40 – Pet(s) must be able to be held by O. & Volunteers – this fee includes registration – DONE BY QUALIFIED STAFF!
Complimentary Animal Behavoural Consultations – 15 minutes each
Gwendlin Boers – Founder of BHRR & Animal Behavour PhD Student
*The opportunity to interact with BHRR dogs in our programs including several that are available for adoption:
Saturday August 4th – TBD shall be in attendance
*Adoption & Volunteer Applications – BHRR WILL NOT be doing any on-site adoptions. This is not something supported by BHRR
*Donation Box whereby all funds donated shall to go BHRR Vet & Rehab Bills
*Knowledgeable and friendly Volunteers will be on hand to answer questions regarding:
- the importance of spay/neutering
- the importance of microchipping – Out of 20 dogs that went recently missing in the Ottawa area last summer; ONLY 7 have been found and of those; 4 were microchipped
- the importance of obedience
- why animals end up in rescue/shelters/pounds etc.
- HOW you can help!
- supporting only reputable/quality Rescues and Breeders
- how to research when seeking to add a new addition
- owning a Giant Breed – Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Great Pyrenees, Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland, English Mastiff or Deerhound
I would like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE that is making this Event possible AND to those planning on attending; we look forward in meeting you!
- B&F Kanata – Lauren