Time for a Mr. Titan update. 
He is scheduled for his neuter, dental, boosters, repeat UA, etc., on Tuesday. He is still dribbling a bit of urine at times. He had a horrid UTI, so we want to be sure that it is gone, and hopefully, neutering will resolve any lingering issues. An enlarged prostate is possible being a mature boy.
We have also been told re: him twisting one of his feet at times when he gets up, and we will investigate further.
I have been told that he is doing well with the one feline in their home and is still interested – much less! – in the other.
I am told that he has excellent manners and an appetite!
One of the things I loved reading was that he is very interested if you have ice cream! 
Thank you to his amazing foster home for stepping up to temp foster!! 

On our way!
Today, Mr. Titan is off to his foster home.
Not the best picture as it is a torrential downpour out there….we are expecting close to 60 mm’s of rain today! We are under a huge weather alert.
He has been with me just shy of 10 days(in his time, 3+ months), and my heart is full of such mixed feelings.
He has bonded strongly, and the healthier he has gotten, the more his amazing affectionate, loving personality has begun to shine through.
He is such a special boy and has gotten along fantastically with all the dogs here.
He has begun to wag his tail a lot, do the Dane lean, and how he looks at me humbles me deeply.
It is time for you to now go to your lovely foster home, and I know their Dane- BHRR alumni- will continue to show you how to be a dog, to enjoy the awesome comforts of soft bedding, plus how to play with toys.
You keep asking for attention and loving BHRR’s Titan! That you feel more confident in doing so without fear of being hurt and rejected is wonderful. 
The home lives close to Alta Vista Emerge, bringing me a lot of peace should he need further emergency care.
It is amazing how fast we fall in love…..Mr. Titan, I shall miss you yet; we can now assist a dog from a cruelty case. We have been advising as a resource up to this point.

This is Mr. Titan’s leg 72 hours after the first Hospital (who put this catheter in) from the previous place that had him before our rescue took over his care.
I have been in vet med for almost 20 years, and I have never seen such clipper injury/damage.
We are keeping it clean and dry and have some cream from work to help…..he is already on two types of antibiotics, and it is already drying up and looking so much better.
I wanted to try and get a pic yesterday, yet it was an extremely busy day with him, school, and work.
Poor boy…. 
He had another really good night! Later today, we will be starting to slowly re-introduce some kibble into his a/d and gastro food with water mixed in.
He is such a good boy….his spirit is starting to shine through, and I can tell he is a real character with a mind of his own! So freakin’ special he is….
There will never be enough words of thanks to shout out to Alta Vista & LAH for being there for him & to all of his Titan Angels that have contributed to date to his over $6,500 bills between three Hospitals.
When he is healthy – he is booked for August 9th for repeat bloodwork and to be neutered plus to get his final boosters. He is not well enough right now….and one step at a time! 
This boy never had anyone on his side – most likely was used for breeding, and the calluses and scars on his poor body speak volumes.
He certainly has not travelled often in cars as he is still figuring out how to balance.
Such a great vehicle passenger too!
Mr. Titan, my heart is head over heels in love with you…..you are a true sweetheart!
Donations to his mounting vet bills can be sent via PayPal to gwen@birchhaven.org
Or via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com
By the time his rehabilitation is done, he will be a $10,000+ Dane.

Mr. Titan!
Transferred from Alta Vista’s ICU to the care of my Hospital.
After a good night, came to work with me and as he was drinking well, pulled his IV – will run another one if needed, his poor leg sure did get cut with his last one put in by Upper Canada.
Gave him a Cerenia injection, took his meds like a champ, ate his a/d snack with water mixed in, and hung out. Picked up more meds – Alta Vista gave me a couple of days and I picked up the rest at my Hospital.
Still medical jail yet, no longer having to have conversations re: doing CPR, going septic, and the poor prognosis…
Keep getting stronger, you big ol’ sweetie!
Weak, lacking so much muscle mass and tone and anorexic, yet, we all got your back Mr. Titan!
The number of angel people that made a lifesaving donation to help us with your emerge bills has made me well up with so many tears…..
We could not keep you there any longer – they were happy to release you into my experienced Dane/Tech care, and you are doing well off of your nasal cannula. Everything else we can do at LAH. We would bring you back if we have to….In a heartbeat, we would.
He has been an excellent patient….has not bothered with any of the dogs nor showed any interest in our clinic cat either….

Look who I busted out of ICU medical jail at Alta Vista Animal Hospital?!!
He had a good night…I did not leave his side. Took his meds, ate his a/d snacks, and had many pees…..
Mr. Titan! 
More soon!

Mr. Titan UPDATE
Here are his UA results. He was already on IV fluids and had begun antibiotics when this UA was done.
He is on two kinds of antibiotics – Zeniquin & Clavaseptin. He is also on Cerenia, Forti Flora, Metronidazole, Mirtazapine.
He has an SPO2 of 90% without supplemental 02. 92-93% with O2 assistance. Ideally, we want at least 95% unaided.
He is so skinny; his coat is dull and flaky, and he remains pretty dehydrated.
He has eaten some a/d for Gwen, urinated several times, and drank some water. Gwen says that he is an absolute sweetheart!
Donations to his vet bills can be made via PayPal(friend and family option) to gwen@birchhaven.org
OR via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com – we know email transfer is down for many. 
We are grateful for anything that anyone may consider donating…..

Mr. Titan Medical UPDATE:
He had a good night. His Oxygen levels are lower than they would like – 92-93% , and last night, he was 95%. He remains on O2.
He has eaten a small amount, his respiration rate has gone down, his fever has broken, and the Vet would like to keep him another night so that he remains on supplemental oxygen, and they work to get him from IV meds to oral medications.
Unfortunately, this means another $3,500-$5,000, and we are still short $3,200 for the first 24 hours.
Gwen has been in discussions regarding transferring him as he is stable and plans to see him around 6 PM tonight.
When Gwen was talking to the Vet, he had to go, so we do not have an update re: the urinary issues.
If anyone may consider donating to his care, donations can be made via Paypal to gwen@birchhaven.org OR via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com
Alta Vista no longer takes direct donations.
Anything would be appreciated.

The estimate for Mr. Titan.
We need to raise another $3,300 by Friday ~ 5 pm for the estimate deposit.
We have had $1,200 extremely generously donated to date. Thank you Titan Angels! 
Poor dog…..
He is ~5, not 7 and is a merle yet, those are moot points right now….
Donations can be made via PayPal to gwen@birchhaven.org
via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com
Thank you in advance to everyone for any consideration…..
We will post updates as we can……

UPDATE: SO severe pneumonia in both lungs and aspiration pneumonia in the right lung. He is on O2, heavy antibiotics, IV fluids, and we also investigating urinary issues. I remember when we were first contacted about him in May that there was mention of urinary issues, and when I followed up, being told by the wonderful network contact person who was in touch with both kennels that there were not any issues.
His bloodwork indicates severe dehydration and high globulin levels – battling inflammation/infection.
How could so many people fail this dog in his life.
We still need $3,500 by early evening tomorrow for him.
Donations can be made via PayPal to gwen@birchhaven.org or via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com
We would be so grateful for anything…..

UPDATE: I have had two conversations with the Vet – he had to call me back.
1) They need to repeat x-rays(they will take three views) – and send off to an x-ray specialist – the images from the Hospital he was at earlier today are not as clear as he would like to see, and while this ‘could’ be pneumonia, the Vet is not sure if they see a ‘nodule’ and it is pneumonia AND something like Cancer or one or the other
2) He has a fever, and they are going to hit him up with strong IV antibiotics and continue supportive care
They will reach back out once they hear back from the x-ray specialist.
Estimate is still $4,500 for the first 24 hours.
As soon as we know more, we will post.
Thank you to date to all that have generously donated.
We need to raise another $3,500 over the next 18 hours for him……


Initial estimate $4,500 for the first 24 hours.

Mr. Titan , the Great Dane, is now at Alta Vista Animal Emergency.

Here is one of his X-rays taken today before transport.

I am on hold, waiting to talk to them.

A dog who never had anyone standing on his side was dumped at a high gas kill pound needs a strong village right now….

Donations to his care can be made via PayPal gwen@birchhaven.org or via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com

We have had $100 generously donated to date! 

We thank you in advance with so much gratitude for any consideration to his cause……


He is being transferred to Alta Vista Animal Hospital.

An initial estimate is $3,500-$4,500 for the first 24 hours.


Just as we had a foster home step up to assist us with Mr. Titan – Thanks, Amy/Ben!, before we could move on this offer, he ended up being seen not once, yet, now twice – and is admitted into the Hospital.  He was just admitted today per what we have been told by the network that has been working so hard to save him – he was pulled from a high kill gas pound in mid-May.
No dog does well in a kennel, Danes even less so. He has been in two separate kennels since May 31st.
Mr. Titan will remain in Hospital at least for the night – however, no one is there overnight.
Gwen is working to re-arrange her schedule – she has also been so ill this past week yet, still pushing through work, etc., to get him into the care of her Vet Team that she works with.
Mr. Titans’ first Vet bill was just $575.85 – Upper Canada saw him.
This next bill will be so much higher.
Any donations to his care would be so deeply appreciated. 
Donations can be made via PayPal to gwen@birchhaven.org or via email transfer to contactbhrr@gmail.com
We will update as we can.
We are trying so hard to save you Mr. Titan…..so hard.